With the booming economy, multi-national companies are investing extensively in India and has led to growth in the inbound movement of expatriates. One of the most serious challenges faced by companies today is expatriate compensation structuring and its tax compliance. Our team has extensive knowledge of various issues related to expatriate taxation assignments and provides following services:
- Reviewing existing employee compensation policies:
Identify components which are not cost effective due to administrative costs or potential litigation costs
- Suggest tax efficient compensation items wherever possible
- Assistance in registering with the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (“FRRO”)
- Reviewing withholding tax (tax deduction at source) computations, statements and payments for adequacy of compliance
- Recommending 'leading practices' on payroll policies and procedures, which can be implemented by the organisation across businesses and locations.
- Analysing taxation of income in the home and host country and advise on the tax impact of the same
- Handholding the expatriate for compliance requirements from the time of their entry to their departure from India including tax registration, deregistration, filings, etc.
- Advising expats on provident fund queries and liasioning with provident fund department